Current strategic initiatives for 2014-2018 include:
- Expanding services* to individuals with mental illnesses and other barriers to employment,
- Updating our technology* to enhance social media, upgrading software and hardware to increase efficiencies, increasing supported individual (consumer) computer skills, and more,
- Improving the building at our main site and upgrading or moving our Gap Program site,
- Increasing employment opportunities and choices for our supported individuals (consumers) in the community and in-center,
- Increasing marketing and establishing new branding/logo*,
- Implementing self-advocacy activities and communications with consumers and hosting appreciation events*,
- Building stronger, collaborative relationships with providers, families, and counties*,
- Developing a formal volunteer program, and
- Acquiring CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accreditation.
*Accomplished these initiatives by 2016. We continue to work on our goals in 2018.